Wednesday, 15 January 2014

OOTD #7 | Wanderer

Next door lives my Aunt who owns an intriguing garden, almost otherworldly. Even though it is what landscapers would most probably call 'wild' I like to call rustic, and strangely elegant. It's filled with Banana, Pau pau and many other exotic fruit trees and has small areas that  are almost abandoned with old fallen tree trunks but with purpose. It isn't the biggest garden, but it is a space that feels very solitary and peaceful, a place for your mind to wander beautifully.

I threw together  an outfit that encompasses both my feminine and masculine taste, ok there are no strong tailored shapes and silhouettes which would usually be associated with masculinity within womenswear, however by wearing a dress, I don't think my harsh facial features can pull off a total 'girly' look so when I whip out a particularly feminine garment like a little A-Line number, I like to involve a less refined item, such as this acid wash oversized denim jacket. By no means could I ever call myself a tomboy,  I just feel that the 'pretty girl' thing doesn't fully work for me. Don't get me wrong I love femininity, but if I go for it then I keep the colours very neutral and true to form very simple.

Anyway back to the outfit. To ensure you don't look too much like mutton dressed as lamb, because yes I am a girl and I would like to look like one, I threw on my Vagabond heeled chelsea boots, another masculine style but with a women's touch, see where I'm going with this :-) And finally the fedora hat, there really is no reason why I have put this with this outfit, (dangerously playing the game; wearing things just because…) I just like it, and I feel it brings all the pieces together nicely so they are all telling the same story, which must be something I look for in an outfit :\









Dress - Topshop
Denim Jacket - Topshop
Hat - Urban Outfitters
Boots - Vagabond
Watch - Michael Kors

PHOTOGRAPHY - LEANNE LIM-WALKER

Thank you for reading x


No comments:

Post a Comment