Saturday, 14 December 2013

Wrap it up

And before your minds run a sexy riot, by 'it' I mean you. It's time to go coat shopping, well I do believe I am a extremely slow on the uptake, but gone are the days of going out into the winter cold with simply a jacket, being 24 I'm at that point where warmth is just as important as style... Yes I know what you are thinking, surely that's the point of a coat, or if you are the younger generation... then style is most probably the ultimate goal when purchasing your winter warmers. so below I have found several pieces that hopefully tick both boxes.


The Asos (£85) longline biker with sheepskin is very Amelia Earheart, so definitely encompasses that vintage theme if that's on your checklist. This has to be the perfect combination of style and warmth, I am a girl who loves a good fashioned masculine piece with every outfit and this has to be it. 


For an all black appeal with extra purr, this French Connection (£220) fur panel coat has to be ideal for a sophisticated look and cosy feel. With a simple shape it is a timeless piece that will age well.


If only I could have sound effects, this Maison Scotch Oversized coat (£195) would definitely resonate some kind of oooo lala noise excreting from my lips. Check is... do I dare say it… going to have to… very on trend this A/W but with a more subtle approach this coat will last season's to come. I personally imagine this number sitting at the back of my wardrobe until my body begins to prune at a rapid rate and pulling it to show the world, mature ladies can be fashionable too.


Nasty Gal (£80.18) what more could you expect from them then this uber fluffy, yeti inspired faux fur coat. This gradient colour adds a little extra somethin' somethin' so you feel less bear and more fashion dare. Also it looks extremely snug and if you have no special person to keep you warm over the winter months, screw it, this baby looks like a much better winter warmer anyway.


Moving to a very practical option, this Penfield Hoosac Coat (£300) although extremely pricey will take you into the second coming ice age, which feels like it is fast approaching on British shores. Having had the honour of wearing this coat, whilst modelling for Penfield in my heyday I can vouch for it's comfort, practicality and heat keeping talents. And I swear I see the parker style returning year after year.


What would a fashion list be without an option from Topshop (£175). I know, very out of the ordinary, but I really feel that during the drab winter month's it would brighten your day to invest in a colourful coat. This particular bright beauty is from their Boutique range hence the higher price tag. Keeping to a simple style, I feel a coloured coat can be styled in many more ways then just one (my usual black on black on black and ooo one item of colour, being one obvious example) especially if you are into your statement jewels.


A Zara loop knit coat with zip (£79.99) is a perfect style if you like the slouchy look, it will be agile and prone to movement, because often I find coats can be rather restrictive and you are stuck standing in a hands by side position for months on end. It has that cardigan appeal, but will handle layering much better as it has more structure. And in this grey it is adaptable to all colours, if like myself you struggle to colour match.

Thank you for reading, and Happy Holiday x



No comments:

Post a Comment